Monday, July 4, 2011

The Special Ones


A rather impulsive post this is!!

I recall sitting in my school bus one rainy morning last year, looking at the road. We reached Dwarka, and thanks to the water-all-over, vehicles honked more than they moved. I saw a scooty stop, a young pretty lady got off, lifted her daughter from behind, made her wear the Hannah-Montana school bag, and holding her hand, waited for her school cab. The daughter, dressed prim-n-proper, hugged her mom, and said ‘Mujhe school nahin jaana!’ .Oh Gracious! I thought, that was so me (junior version)!!

Having nothing else to do, I continued staring at them. The mother wiped off the baby’s  tears, and promised to make her sweets once she returned. The child, reluctantly, but did, sit in her cab, and waved goodbye. Mommy-dear stood there till the cab was out of sight, and was off on her scooty thereafter.

It brought to mind the fuss I used to create, when forcibly sent to school. I too was promised sweets, told stories on the way, and even dropped to school at times. And now, at the age of 19(well, almost!), I have become a college girl. Blah!! Gone are the days when my maa shopped for me, n dad took me out for a movie. Times have changed, and so have I.

Living in the same house, the only ‘quality time’, we spend together as a family is at dinner. But, deep down, what we know is that we are all bound, by a strong thread, ‘Love’. A feeling, though hardly expressed, it keeps us together. What we forget is expressing it, putting it to words, bringing it to the forefront of our lives.

And this isn’t just about me, but all of us, who find it so difficult to spare a few minutes to tell their parents how special they are. They’ve taught us almost everything, about work and hope; to always do what is right; to remind ourselves what goes eventually comes back, and hence to be true to oneself throughout this journey called ‘life’. So go ahead, take a moment off, give them a hug, and let them know how much they mean to you!!

Till next time……..:)

-Suhani

No comments:

Post a Comment