Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Returning.....

‘You’re looking outside as if its Delhi you have come to visit!, papa said, as I stared through the car window. I widened my grin and continued doing what I was. But much dense was the streak of thought jumping up-and-down inside my little head!

I was finally able to figure out ‘what’ it was that had been missing, all this while, when I had been away. NO, It wasn’t some-’one’..(:p)… rather, it was ‘the feeling’. The feeling of being home, cozy in my quilt, listening to the neighborhood kids howling-and-shouting (Ben!!!) and utilising their holidays in the hope of becoming the next Sachin Tendulkar; of the aunty-next-door, gossiping with her maid every morning at exactly 8:12:32 am, and the Funday-Sunday beginning with melodies of Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand, Madhubala, and so many more, which only my maa can guess correctly! (now u see why, eh, Ghosh? :p)

My mind keeps going back to Priyanka’s post on Christmas; and how we all want to be together, at some times of the year. Well, why am I not surprised? Coz it is these beautiful moments spent, which count at the end.

I enjoyed Goa, truly. With the serenity of the water, and enthusiasm of the beach, nothing could have made my Christmas ‘merrier’!

But at home, well, IT’S DIFFERENT !! :D

Suhani

No comments:

Post a Comment